ext Cornelius Hald wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 15:22 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:

>>> Which is of course a major problem and exactly not what I want for
>>> community widgets. What can we do about that? Probably this is not going
>>> to change for Maemo 5, or is it?
>> Nokia could think about "Release often, release early" for hildon*. But
>> that creates additional workload of course.
>
> They could. But is it likely?
> Hildon and Gtk are very important pieces and if something breaks almost
> all applications including Nokias own apps will suffer.
>
> All in all it doesn't make sense to push new widgets into Hildon if it's
> then impossible to get it on all devices.
>
> Quim and Claudio what's your view on that?

Hildon upstream development needs to move... upstream and away from the
specific Maemo releases. If the Fremantle program doesn't want to take
certain new things that's understandable, but it shouldn't stop the
independent upstream development.

Of course this might be easier said than done, specially these days when
 per are pushing Maemo 5 final and nothing will take a minute away from
that.

Claudio and the rest of Hildon maintainers might have other opinions and
ideas. The Summit BoF sounds like a good occasion to kick this activity off.

--
Quim Gil
open source advocate