gpe-calendar contains GtkTreeView with a list of calendars that are being
shown.  One column is rendered using a GtkCellRendererToggle: i.e. it shows a
checkbox to allow the user to control whether the calendar should be shown.

In scratchbox this looks fine.  However, on the real device apparently the
checkbox is just a black square, whether it is TRUE or FALSE.  It still
reacts to clicks, and changes state, but the rendering doesn't change.  This
means, of course, that the user cannot see whether the calendar is enabled or
not.

Is there any way to get this to be visible?  I realise that it is not finger
friendly, but that is a separate issue.  I would be quite happy for this
element to only be modifiable using the stylus.

If GtkCellRendererToggle is not supposed to be used on Fremantle, can anyone
recommend an alternative?  From my reading about GtkCellRenderer I can't just
use a HildonCheckButton as the renderer in the TreeViewColumn instead, can I?

I've said many times before: I'm not a GUI guy.  So any help is appreciated!

Graham