On Oct 14, 2009, at 4:37 PM, Joaquim Rocha wrote:

> What hardware keyboard layout are you using at the moment? You can
> check
> this by going to the Settings->Text Input.

English, Nederlands (bizarre). Editing the basic en_US character maps
in the symbols file had no effect.

> Could this end your saga? :)

No. It's slow, it's clumsy, it's obnoxious.

My standards for text input are, perhaps, a bit high since I managed a
"Greased Lightning" rating on the N800 finger keyboard. ;) I _would_
continue using that, but Nokia's managed to introduce another slew of
bugs into virtual input (after fixing _most_ of the bad ones from
Diablo—although I think some of them are simply eliminated race
conditions thanks to faster hardware).

This is a pretty trivial thing to do for any Linux distribution
running X, and once we manage to figure this out I'd like to try to
get a control panel put together to make it easy for anybody to remap.