Gabriel Schulhof wrote:
>  I suppose I should've asked around some more.

We can still have interesting discussion now :-)

Actually I am not sure if maemo-version solves every problem
maemo-release wanted to solve or developers need to solve to have same
package for more SDK versions.

maemo-version/maemo-release can solve different Build-Depends: fields

maemo version provides also /etc/maemo_version so one can check it in
/debian/rules when building the package and act differently (include
different files, define different variables)

What else is needed?

How can I differentiate between arm and x86 builds? Example - x86 may
use vorbis package but arm can use tremor so Build-Depends: can be
different for x86 vs ARM. arm may also benefit from arm specific
compiler flags. How can I solve that?

Frantisek