Mmmm... what I need is a place to put some informations about the image
which is currently being displayed by a GtkImage in the main HildonWindow.
With the version of mrawviewer currently in extras-testing I did that by
painting directly over the image itself, as it is always resized to fit the
screen.
With the next version I've introduced the possibility to zoom in / out, and
I wanted the image informations to remain visible all the time while zooming
and scrolling around the image, that's why I thought about a
see-through-GtkWindow positioned over the underlying image.
Of course that window must stay around until the user explicitly closes it
by toggling a filter in the HildonAppMenu. It can't be moved nor resized nor
it gets any focus, it's only purpose is displaying some informations.

I'll investigate on how can I make the transparent window a child of the
main HildonAppWindow upon its creation as you suggested.

Thanks,

--
Luca Donaggio