On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 08:28 +0100, Hamalainen Kimmo (Nokia-D/Helsinki)
wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 16:15 +0100, ext Luca Donaggio wrote:
> > I thought it was somewhat related to transparency because doing this:
> >
> > gdk_window_reparent(win->window,gtk_widget_get_window(GTK_WIDGET
> > (mainwin)),300,200);
> >
> > makes the HildonAppMenu work again at the price of loosing the
> > transparency effect (modified code attached).
>
> Reparenting 'win->window' makes it a child of 'mainwin'. That is
> completely different ballgame than the original code, which keeps 'win-
> >window' a top-level window (child of the root).  When the window is not
> top-level, it's not managed by the window manager anymore, but it could
> also cause something in Gtk/Hildon (at least I have checked all places
> deleting windows in hildon-desktop to no avail).

Finally I found the reason for hiding the menu!  It's in libhildon
function hildon_app_menu_find_intruder. It thinks that the window with
the "This is an RGBA window" label is an "intruder" (such as dialog
etc.) and closes the menu as soon as it is mapped.  This seems like a
bug since the menu should not be mapped in the first place if this
"intruder" is already there at mapping time.

To summarize: this is libhildon bug and hildon-desktop is completely
innocent (at last...)!  ;)

-Kimmo