On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Nathan Anderson
<nat...@andersonsplace.net> wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo,
>
>        Unless I misunderstood;  if the package itself has a /opt path in it
> the maemo-optify won't run on it.     So if you are "installing" anything
> (even one file) under the /opt path (which based on what I see you saying
> below it appears you are); it should cause the maemo-optify to not run.

Not really. All Python packages (unless they were manually optified)
continue to install files under /usr (you can check that with e.g.
"dpkg -L python2.5"), but given that pymaemo-optify bind mount
directories with a command like:

mount --bind /opt/pymaemo/usr/lib/python2.5 /usr/lib/python2.5

All files installed under e.g. /usr/lib/python2.5 go "automatically"
to /opt. But note that the package itself is unchanged (because
pymaemo-optify takes care of handling these mount binds), so there is
no way for maemo-optify to know whether to optify some Python package
simply by looking at where it installs files.

Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo
OpenBossa Labs - INdT