On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Jeff Moe <m...@blagblagblag.org> wrote:
> Per the wiki:
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Building_packages_with_sbdmock
>
> Do:
> sudo aptitude install git-core python-pip python-setuptools python-virtualenv
>
> pip install -E sbdmock minideblib
> pip install -E sbdmock -e git://github.com/kad/sbdmock.git#egg=sbdmock
>
> I tried to find an equivalent, but in the end it wound up faster just
> rebuilding the package and it worked fine.

According to the pip documentation, it is a replacement for
easy_install. Have you tried using easy_install ? (AFAIK it is
installed by default on most python installations).

I just don't know if easy_install supports installing directly from
git repositories, like shown above. And I don't understand why you
need python-setuptools and python-virtualenv to install sbdmock... For
sure I didn't need them to install sbdmock.

Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo
OpenBossa Labs - INdT