On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Jeff Moe <m...@blagblagblag.org> wrote:
> I was just following the wiki. Perhaps you could update it? I still haven't
> used sbdmock, so I don't know all that is needed to install so I was just
> RTFMing...
>
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Building_packages_with_sbdmock

Now after reading the page, I see why it requires those packages: it
uses virtualenv so you don't "pollute" your system Python installation
(i.e. /usr/lib/pythonX.Y)  with manually installed modules.

It is a good idea if you are installing sbdmock in non-Debian based
systems or if you do not want to build debian packages for sbdmock, as
Ed suggested.

BTW, I just added the instructions for building Debian packages on
that page. I did just minimal testing, so feel free to correct any
errors there.

Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo