Hello Marc,

Thank you for the reply. I looked at that webpage but am still having
trouble with making a widget (partially) transparent.

I even went back and looked at Khertan's widgets for Maemo 4 and tried to
translate it over to Maemo 5. Everything went smoothly until I tried
self.show_all() on the hildondesktop.HomePluginItem and it crashed Hildon
Desktop. I tried applying the show_all() directly to the widget (in this
case, a gtk.Label), but the cairo drawing doesn't work when I do that...

So, I have written a small example showing the problem (attached). Hopefully
someone with a lot more knowledge than myself will see it and know what is
wrong. If not, I will probably file a Documentation bug with PyMaemo because
there appears to be no documentation on how to do this (in fact, there
appears to be little python documentation concerning the hildondesktop
module, at all).

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Marc Ordinas i Llopis <
marc.ordinasillo...@collabora.co.uk> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I haven't tried in Python, but there's this blog entry by Zaheer Abbas
> Merali which explains how to do it:
>
> http://zaheer.merali.org/articles/2009/10/12/maemo-widget-experience-circular-clock-with-transparent-background/
>
> Hope that helps,
> marcoil