Hi,

Am Donnerstag 07 Januar 2010 schrieb Michael Cronenworth:
> > How do i access geotags?
> With libexif. GPS coordinates are in the EXIF data.
This only works for jpeg images which are only a fraction of media
files stored on an n900.

I was fearing to get some answer like this. This has so many disadvantages:

- We'll have to scan all files in every geotag aware app
- This consumes much CPU power
- This takes a very, VERY long time
- This does not work with MP3/WAV/PNG/GIF/AVI/...
- This information can hardly be shared between different apps
- My app has to cache/store this information for all media files to
  not be forced to re-scan everything everytime it's being started

I am afraid this will mean that such a project doesn't make much sense.

Thanks,
  Till