From: maemo-developers-boun...@maemo.org
[mailto:maemo-developers-boun...@maemo.org]on Behalf Of Till Harbaum /
Lists
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 10:43 AM
To: Michael Cronenworth
Cc: maemo-developers@maemo.org
Subject: Re: How to access geotag information?

Hi,

Am Freitag 08 Januar 2010 schrieb Michael Cronenworth:
> GPS data is stored in tracker for images only. Till wants GPS data for
> *all* file types.
If the tracker really already has basic geotagging support, then i
think it's the only acceptable solution to use it, even if this is currently
limited to images only.

This sounds like a classic chicken/egg problem and as long as only the
image viewer supports geotagging, noone will bother to extend the
tracker for other formats.

So if tracker can provide geotagging info i'd be more than willing to use
that. Perhaps e.g. the maemo-recorder guys can be convinced to tag
their files and this might in turn cause someone to extend the tracker
functionality to support geotags in sound files ...

I really REALLY think tracker is the only useful way to deal with geotags
especially in a mobile device where indexing may really be expensive
with respect to CPU power and  battery.

What's the tracker guru's opinion?

Till