On Saturday 09 January 2010 03:40:29 Qole wrote:
> So wait, you're saying we now have a fully open source telephony stack on
> the N900 that works to make phone calls?

Quickly gotta run...

Well, it may not all be open:

* It fires up the Maemo phone GUI--I'd have to investigate what parts of that
are open/closed.

* It calls pulseaudio which may be using a proprietary codec for GSM audio.

* It's only voice calls, no SMS etc, so it's not a full stack yet.

I will be trying all this under Fedora 12 on N900 as that gives me a "clean
slate" to work from to track down what all is really involved.

But progress no doubt. :)

-Jeff
http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba