On Saturday 09 January 2010 08:40:29 ext Qole, you wrote:
> So wait, you're saying we now have a fully open source telephony stack on
>  the N900 that works to make phone calls?

Well not exactly.

First, oFono is signaling middleware; it does not, and never will include its
own user interface.

Second, certain things are still to be implemented, such as GPRS (working on
it).

Last, some stuff might not be do-able, due to interference with the existing
N900 cellular stack. SMS reception is one known case (and SMS sending fails
too as a side effect). Audio path has not been investigated, but likely would
fail too.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
Nokia Devices R&D, Maemo Software, Helsinki