Hi there;

I have a question regarding the way applications are installed/removed using the Application manager. Since I failed to install my application using a .install file with a local repository. I wonder if an application package was installed from command-line "using dpkg -i package_name.deb" can it -at least- be uninstalled using the app manager ?? does it have a chance to appear on Hildon application Manager's Uninstall list ?? If it is possible, how to do that?

the packages installed by "dpkg -i" can be seen and removed by the apt-get command (apt-get remove <installed_paclkge_name> manages to find and uninstalls it ). So, why the app manager can't see them? Isn't it a GUI for apt ? or it uses another method to install/update/remove maemo packages ?

thanks in advance ;