On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 11:39, ibrahim <ibrahim....@asgatech.com> wrote:

> Since I failed to install my application using a .install file with a
> local repository. I wonder if an application package was installed from
> command-line "using dpkg -i package_name.deb" can it -at least- be
> uninstalled using the app manager ??
> does it have a chance to appear on Hildon application Manager's Uninstall
> list ?? If it is possible, how to do that?

The Application Manager only shows, and manages, packages in the
"user" section. In debian/control, if your application is user-facing,
it should have it in a line of the form:

    Section: user/...

Where "..." is one of the sections listed here:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo_5_Developer_Guide/Packaging%2C_Deploying_and_Distributing#Sections

HTH,

Andrew

--