On Monday 18 January 2010 22:50:51 Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Graham Cobb on 01/18/2010 04:42 PM wrote:
> > I do think there may be an option 1.5:
>
> Turning Linux into Windows shouldn't be a project goal of Maemo.

I don't understand your comment, Michael, but note that the reason we have a
problem here is because Nokia have put in place mechanisms that prevent an
application installation from updating just the component packages it needs.
So, users get software in whole "releases" and will be unwilling to upgrade
their "release" just to install an application.

We have to live with that and try to come up with a solution that is best for
the users.  In my view, that means having as many apps as possible available
to people who are still running the initial release.

Graham