Hi,

ext Graham Cobb wrote:

We have to live with that and try to come up with a solution that is best for the users. In my view, that means having as many apps as possible available to people who are still running the initial release.

That would not be very wise: you are assuming that all the units will be manufactured with the same SW onboard. But what gets flashed in production gets updated every now and then, when a new SW build is available.

This is a typical procedure and is aimed at:
- reducing failure rate in production caused by sw bugs
- reducing return rate and customer care costs in the field when users do not update the sw and complain about bugs already fixed

So I recommend a different approach.

For example, what about actively supporting (at any point in time) the current and previous official build? That should cover the vast majority of the users and ensure that you do not deal constantly with bugs that have already been fixed.

igor