On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:58, Matan Ziv-Av <ma...@svgalib.org> wrote:

> Do you not think that if you ask for a donation (be it 1$ or 100$) for this
> work, it should be clear what this work is? Currently the page claims that
> you wrote vim. If you add a donation button to that, it becomes fraud.

Then moan at me if I ask for a donation for vim :-p

However, if you're suggesting that there's an additional description
field - or there's a convention of justifying a donation in the
Description field - I'll happily include:

   "This port is possible because of the effort the authors have put
    into MUD, an automated system for packaging upstream tarballs as
    Maemo packages. This work is not only of benefit to a port of vim,
    but also is used to build the packages for the GPE PIM suite,
    the Vala programming language and several other packages in
    regular use by many Maemo users.

    In addition, there are a series of small tweaks to vim itself to
    better suit the small screen, keyboard and onboard storage."

...but that seems quite long, albeit very transparent.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:and...@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/