I have idea of an app/plugin for my N900 in my mind, but I don't have any
Maemo development experience yet, nor I don't know whether it's possible to
implement that idea at all, hence I thought I'll make my first appearance on
this list. :)

Here's the thing - I quite often place international calls from UK using
local "proxy" landline numbers. So for example I place call to
"0123123123p0048xxxxxxxx", where 0123123123 is UK landline number from
provider that offers cheap international calls, then number starting 0048 is
actual target number in Poland I am calling to. Dialling numbers that way is
obviously slightly inconvenient, so my idea is to insert additional button
to each contact, which might look like this:

[image:
?ui=2&view=att&th=126bf9ad17396ea2&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=ii_126bf9ad17396ea2&zw]

When I tap "Call via XYZ" button in this example, it would automagically
place a call to "0123123123p00442476842099" in the background. Obviously
application/plugin would need to have "0123123123" number customizable and
should automagically convert all "+" instances to "00" etc.

My bottom-line question is whether creating such contact plugins is possible
at all in Maemo/Fremantle, without actually creating an IM/SIP via standard
Accounts applet? Thanks in advance for any input on this.

--
Dawid 'evad' Lorenz * http://adl.pl

null://I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source
code

<<contacts.jpg>>