Hey there,

Does anyone know why the current N900 UK firmware is only available on rapidshare?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_UK_variant_firmware

I installed stuff from extras-devel and thus my n900 wants me to flash it - I'd be happy to do so, however downloading the firmware has proved somewhat of a challenge.

Someone has been using Rapidshare as a "usable" file host.
http://rapidshare.com/files/346892600/RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1.203.2_PR_F5_203_ARM.bin
which is meant to allow one to download the latest UK generic firmware won't allow me to download the relevant file due to rapidshare being completely unhelpful and fail and wanting me to pay to download from it.

Considering I bought the bleeding device (which I love dearly!) does anyone know of a reason these files aren't available from a *.maemo.org or *.nokia.com site...? :)

I'd really really like to upgrade my phone soon! :)

Any help or pointers is always appreciated. :)

Cheers,

Tim