Hi,

there seems to be an API to change the behaviour of the TV output on the n900.
At least the media player uses it to e.g. display things with a different
layout on the internal screen and the tv-out.

I am asking this because i think it's a great thing to add to all those 640x480
(4:3) programs and especially emulators. The problem these have is that the
have a black border left and right to accomodate for the 800x480 main screen
and on tv-out they get another top and bottom border to display the entire
internal display contents on the tv-out. The result is a 4:3 image on the 4:3
tv-out with black borders on all four sides and with pixels being lost. This
isn't useful at all.

I would be really cool if these applications could just request the tv.out to
zoom/crop the 4:3 tv-output. That way most emulated games would run full screen
and without any pixel loss.

How can this be achieved?

Till