Dnia 2010-03-27, sob o godzinie 16:00 +0300, Matan Ziv-Av pisze:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Niels Breet wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've installed the new PR1.2 SDK on the maemo.org Extras autobuilder.
> > Developers are encouraged to test their application in the PR1.2 SDK to
> > see if everything still works as expected.
>
> If I understand correctly, now developers who depend on maemo.org
> repositories to distribute their cannot distribute updates to users.
> Users of applications in extras-devel who delete an application for some
> reason cannot reinstall it. Since Nokia "does not comment on schedule of
> future releases", we might remain in this state for a long time.

Similar situation exists for packages from SDK.
I have Crash Reporter installed on my n900 (I installed
it for Bug #6334). Installed version is 1.27+0m5.
Few days ago phone displayed information about available
updates; new version of Crash Reporter was uploaded to repository.
New version is 1.29+0m5, but it is not upgradeable because of missing
dependencies:
libhildon1 >= 2.2.5
lihlindonfm2 >= 1.2.28.32+0m5
libosso1 >= 2.29
libpixman-1-0 >= 0.15.16

I assume that if someone now would have problems with the phone,
he or she would not be able to install Crash Reporter to attach
core dumps to error reports. This might make debugging  harder,
esp. for lower-level problems.

--
Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl> GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860