On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 14:07, Niels Breet <ni...@maemo.org> wrote:

> I've installed the new PR1.2 SDK on the maemo.org Extras autobuilder.
> Developers are encouraged to test their application in the PR1.2 SDK to
> see if everything still works as expected.

Following some confusion[1][2], I've had a chat with Niels today and
the following wasn't clear (to me):

  * The plan[3] affects Extras only; not -devel and not -testing.
  * Extras-devel is now being fed from the PR1.2 SDK.
  * This means that auto-generated libhildon dependencies are being
    specified too tightly to install on devices and SDKs lower
    than PR1.2 (due to the introduction of new symbols for
    livesearch[4])

Niels is looking at a fix for the libhildon dependencies[6]. In the
meantime, whilst waiting for PR1.2:

  * Updates to software in -devel will result in it not being
    installable; and the old package will no longer be available.

  * Things can be pushed to -devel and -testing, testing in
    Scratchbox so that software using the new features can be in
    Extras when PR1.2 finally lands.

Matan Ziv-Av mentioned the replacement of extras-devel three days ago
but didn't elaborate, and it sounded like misunderstanding.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

[1] http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2010-March/025627.html
[2]