On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 18:18 +0300, Kimmo Hämäläinen wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 15:16 +0200, ext Ahmed Ammar wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > While trying to compile xserver-xorg-video-fbdev_0.4.0-180+0m5.tar.gz I
> > have come across missing definitions:
> >
> > sgx_exa.c:79: error: ‘EURASIA_TAG_STRIDE_THRESHOLD’ undeclared (first
> > use in this function)
> >
> > After further digging and installing of the maemo5 SDK I found that
> > these are provided by opengles-sgx-img-common-dev. And after chatting
> > with Stskeeps on IRC I was informed that Nokia have actually modified
> > the SGX libraries.
> >
> > I would like to know how Nokia have managed to do so? Have they gotten
> > the source for the drivers from ImgTec? Are they actually different to
> > those available from TI?
>
> Yes, we had access to the source code, but mostly the modifications were
> done by ImgTec developers.
>
> > Would it be possible for someone to use your binaries outside the maemo
> > project?
>
> I guess if the SGX chip is the same (and you have compatible X parts).
>
> > Also, could this be forward ported to newer libraries from TI/ImgTec?
>
> I'm sure all generic fixes were forward ported, but notice that the
> driver in Fremantle is a bit old compared to the upstream.

Thanks for the quick response Kimmo,

So as I expected, any reason why ImgTec decided not to take this into
their TI driver pack?

I've currently got most things ported correctly using your xorg server.
Just doing the big part of porting your kernel changes to 2.6.33.

Best Regards,
--
Ahmed A. Ammar
Senior Systems Engineer