I'm looking for "advanced" packaging information for a very small C
application.
While I've learned to build a .deb for a python app using py2deb, I now face
another task of packaging where the effort to package could very quickly become
exponentially greater than the effort needed to "write" the application itself.
Here's the story:

I needed a way to start the playback of a certain playlist in mafw/gstrenderer.
Unfortunately, the python-mafw doesn't support this. I also stalled on using
ctypes or going through d-bus.
However, I found the source code for "mafw-renderer-example"*, a CLI app that
includes the desired functionality.
(*
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo_5_Developer_Guide/Using_Multimedia_Components/Media_Application_Framework_(MAFW)#Renderer_example
 )

I then took that code and made some slight modifications to suit my needs
(shuffle the playlist before starting playback, exit the app after starting
playback). After building my first C app (hooray!), I now have an ARMEL binary
named mafw-play-list that does what I want.

Now I face the daunting task to distribute that code/binary, as I will need it
in another app of mine (and because I believe others might like it, too).
I'ts just one source file (400 lines, 10kB) and it takes two lines to compile.
How should I distribute this?

(I've already built a binary-only package using py2deb and uploaded it to
extras-devel - but I believe this is not the right way to do it).

Can someone explain what to do correctly?
Or could someone even lend me a hand in packaging this?

Thanks!
-Tom

BTW: strangely, the in-built media player is not aware of any alternatively
started playlists in it's renderer. Exists there anything to signal something
about a running playlist to the Media player?