On Apr 22, 2010, at 11:02 PM, Joseph Charpak wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 21:58 +0200, Thomas Waelti wrote:
>> Thanks everybody for your extensive support in documenting this process.
>> While I encountered a few smaller stumbling blocks, it worked quite good
>> (especially once the docs got updated by David)
>> I can report "halfway" success for now :-)
>>

>> The reason is simple:
>> - No package 'mafw' found
>> - No package 'mafw-shared' found
>>
>> How to proceed? Is this indeed a problem of the autobuilder (no mawf libs)
>> or of my source package?
>>

> The build-depends line in the debian control file is probably missing a
> reference to mafw and mafw-shared. You have it locally so the program
> finds it, but the autobuilder doesn't know to include it and therefore
> can't complete the build. Remember the autobuilder only includes the
> bareest minimum by default, you need to explicitly include everything
> else.

I would suspect that is the problem as well. I would also look at your
'Depends:' line to make sure you have all the packages your app relies on at
runtime installed with your package when it is installed on someone else's
machine. Build-Depends is for buildtime dependencies, Depends is for runtime
dependencies.

Jeremiah