On Thursday 22 July 2010 10:40:51 Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> As it appears, rabbit hole goes deeper than initially expected, so
> don't hold your breath on getting the issue fixed in reasonable
> timeframe :-/.

Just as a side-note - can we work on making at least the Ovi QA criteria
public so that we do not get minefield issues like this one ? I understand
Maemo5 is fairly new and small in the Ovi story, but it would greatly help if
we could see the criteria - in the worst case, adapt to it without wasting
any more time than necessary, and in the best case, working with Ovi/Nokia to
improve the process to the benefit of all involved parties (seeing Nokians
jump in this discussions helping clarify the issue is always a plus). As it
is now, the Ovi publishing guide has a meager one-liner about publishing Qt
apps and that one point to a (Maemo/MeeGo-wise) not too descriptive page on
Forum Nokia. I would even attach my community stamp to this if needed - even
though this is largely related to commercial apps, the question of QA (and
through it any potential Extras-Ovi cooperation, as dreamy as that may sound)
and general app availabilty is something that touches on the community as a
whole.

Best regards,
Attila