On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Felipe Crochik <fel...@crochik.com> wrote:

>  We had this discussion not long ago (
> http://maemo.org/community/maemo-developers/maemo_qa_process/?org_openpsa_qbpager_net_nemein_discussion_posts_page=1
> )
>

> I think the “appdownloader” has most of features we need to help users
> find, install, test and review applications. If we also add to the
> appdownloader reminders like “you installed xxxx 10 days ago, how would you
> rate it?” we would have a much more effective process.

Inevitably, the question will pop-up, why did I made KISStester and not
extend appdownloader or FAP ? I think both projects are excellent and wish
they grow and prosper. BUT. I am really curious if I would want *that* sort
of generic feedback in the testing queue. While having a separate app for it
reduces the potential number of users, IMO it increases the chances of
higher quality/SNR feedback or votes, meaning that we will be getting
votes/comments from people who DID install the feedback software, it's not
something sprung onto them by a (undoubtedly good, but) generic application
installer. My target are the people who are willing to participate, have at
least a rough understanding what they are getting into. Ideally QA is not
about maximizing number of voters, but SNR. If we gain just a few dozen
regular feedback persons, KISStester already did it's job.

Best regards,
Attila