Hi all,

 So after lots of discussions about Modest's shortcomings I am trying
to find out at least in the design and component choosing, a good way
or approach to build an email client we'd love to use.

 Can anybody recommend good email framework lib that would be a good
backend for a Qt baed email client? Any feedback about what you think
could have been done better or should not be repeated mistake in a
piece of software like this is highly appreciated.

 I have done some reading (although not the code) about tinymail and
it seems reasonable, the developer demonstrates the performance of the
framework but actually not on an embedded target..e.g. there is only
one demo on the tablets which is for push mail.

 So I am trying to understand if we have an issue of mis  proper use
of the framework, frameworks caveats or both to cause all the modest
trouble we are facing? If you have suggestions how to go further and
have rocking features that no mobile email client has, go ahead. Bear
in mind that while modest might not be up to our demands, it is
eventually handling emails reasonably, and supports Exchange
integration so this requirement must be kept in mind for a wide user
base.

 I can't promise for this to become anything tangible in the very
close future but at least we might end up with a spec[1] for future
implementations. (an example for a spec that's not describing a spec
is here[1] and here[2], [3])

Many thanks for your time,

-Sivan

[0]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SpecSpec