On 11.02.11 13:25, Demetris wrote:

> How does this affect the future of Maemo on Nokia's devices?

Maemo is dead and Meego will die, too.

Although Maemo is the plattform, that suits my personal needs best of all,
I lost hope, there will be a successor to my N900. I think I just give up
and get an android-phone with a keyboard and learn Java...

Even if the community supports Maemo/Meego, there will be no new hardware
and one day my n900 will be broken...

Why will Meego die? Because Intel doesn't care! They want to sell Hardware,
and will use Android, too.

This is a sad day for us, but at least a happy day for the Egyptions! (the
term "Maemobarak" just came to my mind, but doesn't really make sense...)

-
        Klaus