Yes, both is dead! When I bought my 770 five or six years ago, I hoped
for a tablet beeing the direction of development. Obviously it wasn't
and I had to buy an iPad last year. And immediately I loved the
toolchain, I always missed for my N770, N800, N810, N900. From an
application developers point of view maemo was awfull! In october I
thought about using QT to target some Symbian devices, only to find
opengl not beeing supported! It is in the QT preview from last month. To
little to late! I know the Microsoft ecosystem for PC (that seems to be
the word right now) from 15 years ago, and it was much better than what
maemo offers today.

>From an application developers point of view the decision might not be
to bad. But I have to buy windows 7:-(

Detlef