I'm sure some of you develop for both Maemo and Symbian^3.  I need some advice
about deployment on those platforms.  I'm looking for a place to put support
files, such as help files, that can't be made into resource files.  In Maemo,
I'm
putting them in /opt/usr/share/doc/myapp/.  Where does Symbian^3 keep such
files?

In my perfect world, each platform has a standard place for support files.  My
application would learn the platform's name for a support file using a library
call like

  QString aSupportFile =
QSupportSystem.openSupportFile("relative/path/to/the/file.html");

Thus far, I can't find what I'm looking for.  I expect to resort to using cpp:

#if defined(SYMBIAN)
  QString aSupportFile = "/special/symbian/place/for/file.html";
#elseif defined(MAEMO)
  QString aSupportFile = "/opt/usr/share/doc/myapp/file.html";
#else
  SYNTAX ERROR: FIND A PLACE FOR file.html ON THIS PLATFORM
#endif

As always, I will receive with gratitude any clues you care to share with me.

Dave