I am trying to create a plugin for Harmattan audio player that can be used
to skip current song by shaking the phone. I got it to work by creating a
daemon and monitoring dbus signals for mafw renderer. But I am looking for a
more cleaner approach if it exists.

I have looked at the very detailed Media Application Framework wiki on
maemo.org [1] and the source code on maemo garage but I am still (more)
confused.

These are the basic questions I have.

- How can the audio player (or MAFW) recognize that a plugin exists and it
has to be loaded when the player is launched?

- Is a Renderer type of plugin/extension suitable for my use case? Can an
extension just add on to what the default Renderer is doing (like modify
only play/pause/next methods)?

- Is it possible to do any of these things using qmafw (Qt) without touching
GLib?

Can anyone shed some light?

~Sudheer

[1]