So it skips song when you wal around?

:)

Pedro.
________________________________
From: maemo-developers-boun...@maemo.org [maemo-developers-boun...@maemo.org]
on behalf of ext Sudheer K. [scifi1...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:39 PM
To: maemo-developers@maemo.org
Subject: How to create a MAFW plugin for Harmattan in Qt?

I am trying to create a plugin for Harmattan audio player that can be used to
skip current song by shaking the phone. I got it to work by creating a daemon
and monitoring dbus signals for mafw renderer. But I am looking for a more
cleaner approach if it exists.

I have looked at the very detailed Media Application Framework wiki on
maemo.org<http://maemo.org> [1] and the source code on maemo garage but I am
still (more) confused.

These are the basic questions I have.

- How can the audio player (or MAFW) recognize that a plugin exists and it has
to be loaded when the player is launched?

- Is a Renderer type of plugin/extension suitable for my use case? Can an
extension just add on to what the default Renderer is doing (like modify only
play/pause/next methods)?

- Is it possible to do any of these things using qmafw (Qt) without touching
GLib?

Can anyone shed some light?

~Sudheer

[1]