At Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:49:42 +0800,
Jonathan Wilson wrote:

> I am trying to find out how to get the proper operator name as displayed by
> the home widget.
>
> I know about Phone.Net.operator_name_change and Phone.Net.get_operator_name
> and the other Phone.Net calls but that returns the actual operator (in my
> case "YES OPTUS") and not the service provider (in my case its "TPG")
>
> The stock operator widget uses calls to Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_info
> and Phone.SIM.get_service_provider_name to get the correct service provider
> but I cant find any info on what those dbus calls do or return.

At Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:38:41 +0800,
Jonathan Wilson wrote:

> I run
> dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply
> --dest=com.nokia.phone.SIM /com/nokia/phone/SIM
> Phone.Sim.get_service_provider_name
> and get
>     string "TPG"
>     uint32 0
>     uint32 0
>     int32 0

I pay blau (my operator?) who just is a reseller for the eplus network
(my service provider?).

   string "blau"
   uint32 0
   uint32 0
   int32 0

This is what is shown my the home widget.

> I run
> dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply
> --dest=com.nokia.phone.SIM /com/nokia/phone/SIM
> Phone.Sim.get_service_provider_info
> and get
>     array [
>     ]
>     int32 1003

   array [
   ]
   int32 1003

> Problem is, there is no information available as to what the parameters are
> (other than the operator name obviously)
> Hence why I need information.
>
> Perhaps if other people post the output from running the same commands, it
> might make it easier to figure out what we are looking at.
> That or someone needs to reverse engineer libconnui_cellular.so :)

My suggestion was to eavesdrop on what the plug-in is doing.  You
could just eaves drop on the whole system bus and then grep of the
strings you are looking for.  I have a few weeks worth of such logs
and I found one relevant reference:

  method call sender=:1.33 -> dest=com.nokia.phone.net serial=293
  path=/com/nokia/phone/net; interface=Phone.Net;
  member=get_operator_name
     byte 0
     uint32 3
     uint32 262
  method return sender=:1.20 -> dest=:1.33 reply_serial=293
     string "E-Plus"
     int32 0

HTH,

Neal