Hilary Miller wrote:
Thats exactly what happened to me. I didn't mention it, but my mmc card went
mysteriously read-only and I had to reformat it sometime during my playback
troubleshooting.

It seems to me that the system needs to be notified if the file system fails consistency check (e.g. the kernel throws an error accessing the files) and in such a case the user should be informed and an automatic fsck should be done to fix the problem.

That's also why I'd really love to see the option of formatting the card as ext3 rather than FAT - I'd much rather have a journaling file system, and I don't care about compatibility with Windows.