I found that load-applet (https://garage.maemo.org/projects/load-applet/)
runs fine on N800. As for capturing webcam's video: I do not know. But if
Xvideo is being used (I read somewhere that N800 does support it) it might
not work as it is an overlay.

- Juha

On 1/20/07, Thomas Armagost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a screen capture program that runs on the n800?  Could it
capture a screenshot of the webcam's video?  Is this maybe a kludge?
All I want is a still snapshot.

I just bought an n800 a few hours ago at the CompUSA in Rancho
Cucamonga, California.  I've been interested in Linux PDAs since the
year 2000, but I've never owned one until now.  I'm not a hacker, I'm
a doodler.  Today I learned that sketch can't read image files unless
they look like this:

       xxx.sketch.png
       bozo.sketch.png
       two2.sketch.png

And so forth.

I imported an image file from my Mac mini via USB and suckered sketch
into opening it.

There's definitely room for improvement.

In http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-users/2007-January/002803.html
Mike Klein wrote:

> It's kind of a developer's device for the moment. Not marketed as
> such...but true none the less.
>
> Mail seems like an abomination...ditto for a/v chat...however this
> one kinda reflects industry fragmentation regarding voip protocols.
>
> I believe Skype will be coming to N800 soon. This is getting to be
> large voip 'playground'...so quite useful.
>
> A device that comes with camera and no app out of box to use
> it...is definitely immature...but with time much is possible.
>
> mike
>
> Jonathan Greene wrote:
>> I just found that google calendar works on the N800 which is
>> awesome as it never really worked for me on the 770.   I am
>> using the factory OS version and apparently need to update to
>> a later version ...
>> Anyone get the n800 flashed via Mac yet using the flasher app?

This is for the 770 but could possibly work with the n800...

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO_FlashLatestNokiaImageWithMacOSX

Please post a followup if you succeed at flashing the n800 via Mac.

>> Where Where are the rest of the apps that run on IT2007?  The
>> application catalog is pretty sparse...  I know it's new but a few
>> more would be nice.

Applications for IT2006 that have been tested to run on IT2007...

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/OS2007_Tested_Applications

And a few that don't run (yet) on IT2007.  Namely Tuner, Ogg Vorbis
Player, MPlayer and Xournal.

I look forward to exploring the X terminal.

Tallyho,
Thomas Armagost
http://www.well.com/user/silly/blog.html

Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change.