I just used Andrew's most excellent 770Flasher GUI and updated my N800
to the latest - worked like a champ!  The process was pretty straight
forward, though it did not want to initiate until I removed my memory
card.  Once I did the install took about 60 seconds and then with a
reboot and my card inserted I was asked immediately (after selecting
region etc) to restore from backup which I did... rock on!