PepperPad is the same way...but then again Pepper provides much more
seamless outofbox experience where user isn't as compelled to start
installing tons of extra stuff. If you mess around under the hood and
break PepperPad...you are responsible. This makes sense.

With N800 if you don't start adding tons of stuff like crazy...you
basically have an unusable product except for audio streaming and
picture viewing...people want more than this...hence they are compelled
to go install crazy.

If you "think" you know enough to tinker around under the hood and end
up breaking things...you could always reflash. Same as working under
hood of your car and you aren't a mechanic.

mike