FWIW, my globalsat BT-359 GPS linked via bluetooth to my N800 running
maemo mapper on during a whole Paris-Toulouse-Castres TGV (high speed
train) trip ran on one charge taking 19910 data points from
2007-04-06T08:25:02+02:00 to 2007-04-06T15:11:46+02:00 so a bit less
than 7 hours, resulting .gpx file is 2.6MB for about one data point per
second. I turned the N800 off with one bar left when I reached the end
of my trip.

I turned on the screen from time to time to see the speed of the train
so this is not a bluetooth only check, and maemo mapper was
running of course.

The only thing is that I had to switch sound off because top
speed warning in maemo mapper is limited to 300 km/hour and the TGV is
sometimes above it during the trip :).

All in all I assume bluetooth doesn't consume that much.

Let us know your experience.

Laurent
http://guerby.org/blog/