On 4/26/07, Jeff G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Since this topic was brought up, does Python + pygtk allow you to
easily create widgets at fixed locations with fixed sizes?  I'm having
trouble with all the "auto fit, autosize" stuff. I know it's less
portable, but I really want to use a fixed location GUI builder and
runtime.

Sure, HBox, VBox and Table uses this, but since it's not recommended,
it wasn't made easier. You'd have to inherit from Container and place
your children, taking care of required methods.

I know understanding these layout managers are not easy, but give it a
try, since after some experiments you'll get used. You can mail the
list or mail me in private to get some feedback on how to do things.

As I said before, maybe your app fits in Eagle scope, then you can use
it, it's much simpler and I have pre defined layouts. Forms are just a
matter of placing fields, labels are already done and aligned.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri