Hi Nicolas.

I am also a newbie on N800, but let me share with you what I've learned so
far.

On Sunday 13 May 2007 08:57:07 NG wrote:
> As a new user i'm trying to download new software on maemo site, but
> each time tfor aboword and some ther stuff i need libglade libraries
> and much more. How can i download these ?
Got that problem too. I learned to go to garage.maemo.org and find the
application I want. There is usually a small howto on installation.

> i've read some things about changing repos but how can i do without a
> terminal ?
You can still use you application manager. Try look around in the menu.
There's something about repositories there.

Try to find the "osso-xterm". I got it installed rather easily.

It seems to me that documentation is still far behind on how to install
applications and how to set up repositories.

But I'm still learning. :-)

--

Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards

Michael B. Arp Sørensen