Hi,

> The media player finds my MythTV server, but it refuses to play any
> videos.  It turns out that the videos are stored in standard definition
> format, which the Nokia can't play.  Why do they advertise it's video
> capabilities if it can't play standard videos?  I'm using a WinTV
> PVR-500 to record MPEG-4 videos.  They play great on my Linux desktop
> and my Windows laptop, but they refuse to play on my N800, even though
> Nokia advertises that it plays MPEG-4.  Can anyone help?
> I've tried transcoding files to flash, but they look awful and are very
> choppy.  Not watchable.  I also tried transcoding down to a lower
> resolution with similar  problems.  At least they play, but what good is
> a 800x600 screen if the videos have to be 288x160?  And, even then, the
> fast forward doesn't work and it regularly hangs and the video and audio
> doesn't sync.

 By default, your card record videos in MPEG2 format as someone
already told you. But right now it's possible to watch your Mythtv
videos (mpeg2) on your n800 using the "gmyth suite". Its a library and
a server that you install on your desktop and then this server uses
gstreamer or mencoder to transcode de video and then you can watch it
on your device. It's in testing phase and a lot of people tried it and
it's working. There are instructions on my blog explaining how to
install and run all the stuff on the web-server. Then you can use
mplayer to play the stream on your device.

Any questions, just post here. =)

Best regards,