I am not sure what you mean by standard operations.  I want access to standard
linux command line utilities.

When going through the application manager's list of installed applications, I
don't see osso-xterm, and when going through the list of installable
applications I also don't see osso-xterm.  I have repository.maemo.org entered
as one of my catalogues.

Chris Marshall

Ryan Pavlik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: You don't need the terminal on the N800
to perform standard operations,
as I'm sure you've already found out.  If you want a terminal, you must
install osso-xterm: search maemo.org

Ryan

Christopher Marshall wrote:
> I am a long time linux user and just got my hands on my n800.
>
> How do I get to a command line?
>
> I put the n800 in red pill mode.  I can see that I have busy-box
> installed already but I don't see how to get to it.
>
> I attempted to install bash but I get a message that there is an
> application conflict.
>
> Chris Marshall

Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer, Art Lead: www.abisource.com
AbiWord Community Outreach Project: www.cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/blog/

"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement."
 -- Helen Keller

"The folder structure in a modern Linux distribution such as Ubuntu
was largely inspired by the original UNIX foundations that were
created by men with large beards and sensible jumpers."
 -- Jono Bacon, The Ubuntu Guide