"ext Mike Klein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Marius Vollmer wrote:
>
>     Error messages are in "Tools > Log".
>
> I actually tried cd /Tools/Log...sheesh.

:-)

> Why is there no /var/log content for numerous builtin apps and
> services...is this different filesys std with alternate?

Syslog messages are not kept with the default configuration, but maybe
there is a way to activate them...

> So the error message produced by install of gstreamer plugin (w/v4l) libs was
> nothing horrendous but "cannot overwrite /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/
> libgstvideoscale.so which is also in package camera.
>
> Why would this be in itself a problem?

It is an indication of missing coordination between the guy providing
the camera package and the guy providing the gstreamer plugin.  A
single file can not be installed by two packages without special
preparations that tell the package management system which one to give
priority to.  The camera guy and the gstreamer plugin guy need to sit
down and sort it out.  The camery guy should probably just depend on
the gstreamer plugin.

There is nothing you can do about it, except decide which package to
install (camera or gstreamer plugin) and yell at the camera guy.