Wayne Fiori wrote:
> On 8/22/07, Neil MacLeod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I quite agree, however I almost exclusively need the server component on the
>> N800 - I very rarely ssh from the N800 to another machine, it's almost
>> always the other way around. However installing the server appears to
>> install the client, which is why I don't see much point in offering the
>> client as a separate install (which may lead to confusion for novices)
>> although I suppose the presence of client is valid for a small number of
>> "power users" who categorically don't need the server.
>>

> I would hardly characterize using the N800 has a terminal (ssh client)
> as the province of power users.
> --
> =Wayne
I would hardly expect novice users to be needing that kind of functionality...
perhaps "power user" was a bit excessive. :) On the whole though, I would
expect the server component to be installed far more often than the client-only
component... and those few people who don't want the server can always stop it
from running.

All I'm saying is that up until now we've had a single openssh package which
seems to have worked well, why now create two separate packages, one of which
installs the other? The benefit from having a client-only package seems
minimal. My preference would be to rename the new server package "Server &
Client" and drop the new client-only package, however I doubt that will happen
and fully expect to see new users on the IIT forums installing the client-only
package by mistake and needing hand-holding to fix it (not that it's hard to
fix it, but then it's not hard to stop the server running either!).

:)