(Coming a bit late to the discussion, spent a week by the seaside)

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 09:59:42AM +0300, Ed Bartosh wrote:
> PS: If people want we can remove those two 'frustrating' packages from
> extras, no problem. I just wanted to help, sorry.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Personally I like the openssh-client/-server split.  That's what the big
Linux distros (e.g. Ubuntu) do too, with a dummy 'ssh' package that
pulls in both.

I don't know if it makes sense for openssh-server to depend on the
client.  I'd rather have two independent user-installable packages in the
Application Manager, plus a hidden 'ssh' package that depends on both
for the geeks who get root and use apt-get install from xterm.

Marius Gedminas
--
At most companies, programmers aren't trusted with words that a user might
actually see (and for good reason, much of the time).