On Nov 20, 2007 9:30 PM, Peter Flynn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Andrew Flegg wrote:
> > Many of you use my script 770-encode to transcode videos for your
> > Nokia Internet Tablet. This name is obviously an anachronism, so to
> > go along with the imminent availability of the N810, it's now been
> > renamed "tablet-encode" and moved to a Garage project:
>
> This looks really excellent, many thanks.

Glad it looks useful to you :-)

> One small query, however, from someone who knows absolutely zilch about
> video files...if I insert a DVD into my Ubuntu Gutsy laptop, how do I
> know *which* file[s] to give as arguments to tablet-encode? The listing
> of /media/cdrom0 says there's an AUDIO_TS directory (empty) and a
> VIDEO_TS directory (full):

As Brad Midgley says, lsdvd and dvdinfo are your best bets. These
should tell you the titles on the disc. *Usually* the main feature is
title 1, so you can do:

    tablet-encode -p best dvd://1 myfilm.avi

I may well, at some point, do a Gtk+ GUI which shows DVD thumbnails
and chapter information to make this easier; but if anyone got there
before me, I'd be *very* happy to give them svn access to
mediautils.garage.maemo.org.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

--