On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 04:13:56PM -0800, Erik Hovland wrote:
> Has anyone experimented with having ssh-agent launch for the default
> user (also called 'user')?

Yes.  I have some very ugly (but working) code in my ~/.profile:

# Find an ssh-agent socket, or start a new ssh-agent
if test -z "$SSH_AUTH_SOCK" && test -x /usr/bin/ssh-agent; then
    sock=`netstat -l 2>/dev/null|grep ssh-|cut -c 58-|head -n 1`
    if test -n "$sock"; then
        export SSH_AUTH_SOCK=$sock
    else
        eval `ssh-agent`
    fi
fi

I don't remember where I found the general idea (using netstat to locate the
already existing ssh-agent socket).

> I have been crawling around /etc/osso-af-init trying to figure out a
> plan of action that would be reasonable. Of course I want to be as
> unobtrusive as possible. But that seems like the right dir. I am getting
> ready to drop an sh file that executes ssh-agent. That is the easy part.
> Then I need to make some mod to this af init stuff so that it runs my
> sh script.

It would be nice if installing openssh-client would add ssh-agent to the
X session, like it does on desktops.

Marius Gedminas
--
1 4m 5o 3l337! just got r00t on this <a href="127.0.0.1">k3wl site</a> j00
sux0r5!